There are a few things to consider when choosing the type of skateboard you want to use. The length, width, materials, price and concave of your board’s deck may be some of the factors to consider when shopping for a skateboard. In this article, we compare some of the most popular boards: the Banana Board and the Penny Board. Both are essential for customers’ cruising. If you want a miniature skateboard, then they are the ideal types. However, the two have differences that can make you choose one over the other.
Banana boards derive their name from their features. They are typical medium boards with a length of between 23 inches and 27 inches with a distinct rocker that holds the rider. Also, the board’s shape resembles that of a banana. You need to know that the boards are of high quality and have components that give the Pennies a run for their money.
- Its design makes skating easier. Many banana skateboards have a rocker design which enables you to skate using minimum pressure on the feet. This is essential as it prevents skidding at turning points.
- It is less expensive. The banana skateboard costs less but looks pretty good. Moreover, since it is made up of reinforced material, it has a long lifespan free from many repairs. On the other hand, in the case of a problem, you may enjoy its one-year warranty.
- It is safe for kids. It doesn’t have toxic substances that may harm children when they play with it.
- It has a better grip. With rugged sidewalls, the board has a good grip that gives a beginner ample time in using it. Therefore, any skater can use this board.
- It is multi-purpose. With a flexible configuration, you can use it for freestyle skating or aggressive mountain skateboarding. You can also use it on rails, ice or a hard pack area.
- It comes mostly in three colors; blue, red, and black hence discouraging skaters with a different color taste.
- It is slightly larger and heavier than the penny board, making it a bit more cumbersome to carry. For students, this makes it harder to carry to class.
- Its length is unsuitable for general pushing around.
Here are our top 5 picks for Banana Boards
Even though skateboarding has been around for a while now, penny boards are the latest addition. Made from plastic, their focus is to bring back traditional skateboarding. They enable the rider to make tricks and moves even when they are at high speeds. It makes the board popular among teenagers and young adults. You can also ride the board barefoot. When you use one, you will understand the innovation behind their quality.
- It is smaller and lighter. It makes it easier to carry anywhere you want. For students, it makes it simpler to store in their lockers.
- It is strong. The board is made using a secret formula that can enable it to withstand the weight of a car and return to its original shape.
- It may come in parts; enabling you to make a customized one that fits your desire. You may, therefore, come up with a design that meets all your needs and limit its drawbacks.
- It has a larger selection of colors and graphics. It is suitable for those who want to use an attractive and classic looking color.
- Easily fits into backpacks with room to spare.
- They have narrow decks. It makes it harder for you to control, making the board less desirable for beginners.
- They may be expensive for some people. You may find using a penny skateboard a bit costly when you have to nurse injuries resulting from a cruise-gone-bad. Check out our Top 10 Penny Boards Under $50.
- It has small and hard wheels that make turning a bit harder. If you have larger feet, you won’t have as much room to feel comfortable riding.
- It doesn’t have grip tape. The sandpaper-like paper ensures that you have a grip on the skate. The Pennies, therefore, increase chances of slipping while riding.